Friday, March 27, 2009

Letting Go.

There is one thing in this world that I miss more than anything.

And that dance or figure skating. both actually.


When I dance, it gives me this amazing high that cannot be achieved elsewhere. Anyone who dances knows what feeling I am talking about. It is the one thing in this world that makes me happy and lets me be on top of the world for just a moment.

My favorite kind of dance is more "modern" you could say, like Isadora Duncan. Its kind of like figure skating on land. Before I danced, I was a figure skater so that is likely where I get this figure skater/dance. The type of dance I enjoy was inspired by Isadora Duncan, a modern dancer. The style if graceful, like a bird and 'freeing'. To me dance is an expression of passion and emotion. I want to fully embrace the freedom of expressing this wonderful feeling by letting go of all of life's problems and worries. I just think dance is beautiful and is one small part of this world I can deeply enjoy and use to express myself in a different way. Especially because some things just cannot be expressed in words.

I haven't been able to dance for some time...and I have only figured skated once since eighth grade. :( I miss both dearly. For now I run...some days running gives me the feeling of flying and on those days I love running as much I do dance.

So now, Im off..... to RuN!



-Cj

No comments: